Thursday, August 21, 2008

Do Nothing Day

Yesterday, I took the day off of work......I just wanted to spend some time with my sweetie. I got up early and took the girls to school and then came back home and crawled back into bed and slept until 9:30. I know....I was lazy, but it felt sooooo good to finally get to sleep in just a little.lol

So after I finally got up from my long winters nap......Mike and I headed to Charlotte to just mess around and shop for a little while. But, on our way to Charlotte we stopped in Gastonia and Mike treated me to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants....Olive Garden. He and I shared the lasagna and Parmesan Chicken and of course, had salad and several of their delicious bread sticks. I was so stuffed and certainly had no room for dessert. I enjoyed just sitting and talking with my husband without any interruptions from anyone especially from any of my gloriously wonderful children....not that I don't enjoy being a mom, I just needed some alone time.lol Ya'll know what I mean!!!!

We talked about school and various things that are going on in our children's lives but we also talked about Mike's work and what is going on there right now......he has applied for a new position at Michelin Tire where he currently works. He is applying for a mechanics position. Which could possibly mean he would be on a straight first shift for a while anyway(maybe as much as a year) instead of swinging shifts like he does now. Swinging shifts is so hard on his body....we are praying he will get the new position! Of course it is in the Lord's hands though....whatever is his will is what we want. But I sure hope he get's it!!

After lunch we hit the interstate and raced to Charlotte and just shopped around for a little while. We went by a store on Park Road where I get my water bottles filled up and had all 7 of my bottles filled......I love my water!! Then we went to World Market and got Mike's Vanilla Syrup for his coffee. We got 4 bottles because we don't make trips to that store very often so we wanted to stock up. I love the Bed, Bath & Beyond store and it was right beside of World Market so we walked in there for a little while and looked around. The only thing we bought was a new bath mat for our tub. We checked our watches and it was time to leave and head home to pick Madison up at school. So our time together just the two of us was drawing to a close and we headed back to Blacksburg.

I did throughly enjoy my DAY with my husband.....just hanging out! Thanks honey for spending the day with me!!

Sometimes it nice to just have a "do nothing" day.

Kimberly

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Aww, I'm so glad you and Mike were able to spend that time together. It is SO important for a husband and wife to take that time every once in a while. Even with me being at home, the hustle and bustle of life sometimes gets in the way. So I'm sure that with BOTH of you working outside the home, you were both in need of that time together. I always tell my kids that when they get married, they need to take that one day a week and give time to each other. It's amazing how much talk a couple misses in just one week.

~Kristi

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a good day just doing 'nothing'. Sometimes it's just good to have one of those days. What kind of water do you get?
=0)
~Amy

Kimberly said...

Kristi,

That is so true, couples do need that special time each week.

Amy,

I get just regular water but it is purified and it's very good water. I get it from H2Oasis in Charlotte.

Love Ya'll
Kim