Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to Normal....If You Call It That!

Yes, we are back from our vacation!!

Don't you just dread the drive back home returning from vacation? I do.....it seems soooo long and I am thinking ahead to unpacking, laundry, etc....oh dear! lol

We had a wonderful time in Savannah, GA. Of course we ate at Paula Deen's Lady & Sons restaurant. We had lunch there on Friday and it was delicious. We had the buffet and were able to choose from Fried Chicken, baked chicken, mac & cheese, yams, BBQ stew, green beans, lima beans, rice & gravy. The yams were my favorite and of course dessert...peach cobbler. I bought her book while I was there and look forward to reading it. It tells the story of her life and how she got started cooking.

We also went to Tybee Island on Saturday and ate breakfast at The World Famous Breakfast Club. I enjoyed that very much, but we did have to wait for about an hour. Then we went to the Lighthouse and were able to climb to the top of the lighthouse....all 178 steps one way. It was a long way up but worth it when you made it to the top. The view was marvelous. We walked on the beach for awhile...it was so beautiful. Then, we went to Fort Pulaski to see a demo of two different cannons being fired. That was really loud, but a neat experience for all.

We did some shopping while we were in Savannah on River Street. Picked up a few souveniers and a few other little things. Taylor discovered that she likes Pralines....they gave out free samples at the River Street Sweets Shop. We visited there several times.lol

It was a gloriously wonderful vacation...but now back to the normal routine. In all seriousness....I thank the Lord for a good safe vacation and it is good to be home. Looking forward to seeing ya'll on Wednesday at Church. We missed all of you peeps! lol

Pictures too follow once I figure out how to do that! lol

Kimberly

6 comments:

CNA Momma said...

I'm so glad you had a great vacation! Putting pics on is a breeze! I'm sure Taylor will show you! I look forward to them.

A Hoppy Teacher said...

Glad you had fun...we missed you.
Crystal

Unknown said...

Glad ya'll had fun.I have to agree with Taylor on the pralines. I loved them. I have her book.You will like reading it. I could not put it down.
Take care, Lisa

Kristi said...

I'm glad you had such a great time.

Were the pralines flavored or just plain?

How did you like Tybee Island?

~Kristi

Amy said...

Hey, I'm glad that ya'll had fun and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.
Glad you're back.

~Amy

Kristi said...

Hey! Thank you for my playing cards. They are SO cute. I love it that her picture is on the Queen of hearts. Very funny.

~Kristi