Monday, October 13, 2008

BHS Wildcat Band First Place


Congratulations!!!!!! BHS Wildcat Marching Band!!!!!!

The Blacksburg High School Marching Wildcat Band had a contest this Saturday at Chesnee High School at which they took FIRST place. To God be the Glory!! They received four other awards also. They were for Best Drum Major, Best Drum Line, Best Band Front(color guard) and Best Horn Line.

I am so proud of all of them but especially for Taylor, my daughter. She plays the flute and also had a special part in the program. Their theme this year is America's Past Time....Baseball of course. Near the end of the program Taylor and Jesus'(a boy in the band) put there instruments down and he picks up a ball and glove and she picks up a bat and play a pretend game of baseball. Sorry, I am a bad blogger and didn't have my camera.....but I will try to remember to take it to this Saturday's competition and take some pics or videos to share with yall. They will be headed to Upper State Competition this Saturday in Clinton, SC.

They have all worked very hard and we are hoping that they finish good at Upper State so they can go on to State. The band has a record of 4 time 1-A State Champs.
Have a great week!!
God Bless,
Kimberly

2 comments:

Kristi said...

WOO HOO!! Congrats BHS band!!! Hope to see pics on your next post! ;)

~Kristi

CNA Momma said...

Yea, Taylor! I am happy for her! I hope to see pics too of the next competition. I started keeping my camera in my purse. That is its place all the time since I started blogging. There is so much I would miss of my crazy girls if I didn't have my camera with me all the time.

*Tammy