Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Recipe

I recently tried this recipe and wanted to share it with my fellow bloggers!! It is the best tasting Chocolate Chip Cookies I've ever made. They are called Absolutely the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies....my husband, Mike, had me to make 3 dozen for him to take to work today.

So here it is......I hope you enjoy!!

1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
1/4 cup and 2 tbsp white sugar
1/4 cup and 2 tbsp brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup and 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets. In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, beating well, then stir in the vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Serves: 24

Happy Cooking!!
Kimberly

3 comments:

Larry...the Mow Man said...

Hello Kim,
I just read your blog and thought I would tell you that the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe sounds great.
I am writting it down in a special recipe book that I have and will be trying these out in the next couple of months.
Glad I paid a visit to your blog. I love the lay out that you have.
Puts me in the Patrotic Spirit.
I think tonight I will let off a few fire works. I am serious.
Love you,
Maw Maw Birt

Kimberly said...

Maw Maw Birt,
Thanks for stopping by. Taylor and Cassie designed my blog for me....and did a fine job!!

Of course, I love fireworks too!

Hope you enjoy the cookies!!

Love ya,
Kim

Kristi said...

Oh great! You WOULD share this while I'm on my diet, wouldn't you?

Well, you're on one too. How's yours going? I think I'm dying right now, but all together, it's going ok. LOL

~Kristi