Thursday, January 22, 2009

Theft WARNING!

This morning one of my co-workers told me a story I thought I needed to share with my friends.

Her daughter in law's mother was in the Ingles Grocery Store in Gaffney last weekend shopping for groceries. She set her purse in the front of the buggy while she was shopping and when she got the front to pay her purse was gone.

Her daughter quickly looked around the store and found it in the front of a buggy with identical items that her mother had in her buggy. I know scarey. The theives had apparently been watching her and picked up the same items she had. Then picked a time when she wasn't looking to grab her purse and place it in their buggy that looked like hers.

Needless to say they had stolen her wallet with all the usual contents, money, credit cards, ss cards, checkbook, etc. They went on a shopping rampage as it was a holiday weekend. The mother filed a police report and then proceeded to go to all the usual places she shops and discovered that she had just missed the theives. She asked the salesperson to see the video camera and then proceeded to call the police. The police viewed the video and left a plain clothed officer staked out at the store. Within a few hours the thieves returned to try again and were caught in the act. It was a 38 year old women and her boyfriend as well as her two sons. They apparently teamed up and worked together.

So just be aware of who is around you and what they are doing while you are out shopping. Especially if you are shopping alone. Just thought it might be helpful to some of ya'll and maybe keep this from happening to you.


Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Matthew 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Kimberly

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I always strap my purse in the child seat and make sure it's zipped or buttoned shut. I also keep my wallet and checkbook in another compartment of my purse if it has one that zips shuts. You just never know whose gonna try that. I witnessed a lady's purse being stolen at Food Lion one day and that's when I started using the child restraint strap. lol

By the way, I lifted Vondie's purse and put it in my buggy at Wal Mart one time and she never knew it. I had it for almost five minutes before she knew it was gone. And even then I directed her attention to it missing. It is VERY easy to do and people do it all the time!

~Kristi

Kimberly said...

Kristi,

I had never thought of using the child strap to keep my purse safe. Thanks for the idea.

Oh my, did Vondie learn her lesson?

Love Ya,
Kim